Thursday, January 26, 2012




For the second assignment; "Loss" and showing emotion for it.

 It had been countless, long, desolately bitter months since you were gone. I just couldn’t bring myself to come here. Now, I sit against your tomb, amidst the forsaken landscape that matches my pain. My soul was barren and cold; as it had been before you forced your brightness into my life. I tried to ignore you. I resisted every attempt you made at conversation, all the times you tried to involve me in your endless optimism. Then it happened……I yearned for your daily visits. The Goth girl and the new boy in town; oh, how everyone laughed at the contradiction.

Only two short years of the only joy I ever found in life and now you have left me abandoned. The sun has set in my bitter, frozen heart for always. Our souls had a brief touch in time and I know that now, the time has come for me to say my goodbyes. The grasping tendrils of fog cover your grave and slide down my body like a lover’s caress. My heart has bled so much pain since you vanished abruptly from my life. Since then, I have felt like I have been floating on a black cloud of despair and now the tears fall like cutting glass down my face.





No comments:

Post a Comment